Corona Letters #8

Dear Fellow Quarantiners,

I don't know about you guys, but this whole experience is like a friggin' rollar coaster that I desperately want to get off.

I try to stay as productive as I can with my days in quarantine.   I get up, I work out, I get dressed, I write, I go for walks, I talk to my family, I cook,  I read and I really don't spend all that much time watching Netflix or any tv for that matter.

But my moods fluctuate all day long, and to be honest, it's getting old and I'm kind of getting sick of myself.  

Yesterday, I felt very motivated with everything.  I set up a new Facebook page just for this blog and then I transferred all the blogs to a new "dedicated", Corona Letters blog (Which you are reading right now.)

More than once since starting this blog I have been informed that I have misrepresented someone or mis-quoted someone and I take that very personally.  I know how much I would hate it if I was misrepresented.   It makes me sad when someone tells me this.

I also realize that we all read different news sources and process things differently and so, I've also been told that I am misinformed and I am spreading "fake news".   I guess it would be almost impossible right now to spread "real news" because almost everything we are reading and watching has already been through a liberal or a conservative filter.

I have never written much about politics before, mostly because I've never felt educated enough on the subject to do so.   It's so easy to piss people off.

So, after being all excited and motivated yesterday, I feel like throwing in the towel today and claiming defeat.

It is almost impossible to write about this pandemic without diving into politics.  Today I was all set to write about the stimulus package that is so needed and yet, can't quite make it out the congressional doors.
I'm not going to write how I feel about this, but I'm guessing most of you know.

What I've always written about is experiences we can all relate to, the human experience, the experience that is kind of universal and not at all political (okay, maybe a little bit)

I want to keep this blog going but I do feel trepidation.   I don't want to misrepresent anyone or promote what some would deem "fake news".  So, I'll try to keep it to the human experience.

That being said, I reached out to a few people this morning that I knew were having unique experience with this whole pandemic and asked them if they would write me a "letter" with their experience that I could publish here.   It saves me from misrepresenting, if people represent themselves.

If you have a story that you think is a unique perspective, please send it to me in a message and I may publish it here.   I'd love to particularly hear from people who are living alone, who are living with a large group of people, people who are vunerable, people in different geographic areas, people who have small children, and the list goes on.   If you have an interesting perspective, please share it with me (in letter form).

I started this blog for myself as a personal chronicle of these times.   I write for myself.   It is not my intent to do any harm.

Now I must get back on the damn crazy roller coaster.

Cheers!

Deb

Comments

  1. Please keep writing, and damn the haters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your letters are to chronicle your thoughts and document the times. I wouldn’t worry about accuracy as everyone is guessing these days. My thoughts waver constantly. I nipped at anyone who remotely suggested the conspiracy theory floating around that this virus is a bio-weapon gone bad. (people sure love their sci-fi) But, today, as I am binge listening to Murakami books and am now into Kafka on the Shore, well... that Bio-weapon idea took temporary root in my head. Very temporary. Don’t worry. I’m still with you. Keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another thought- if you find yourself being corrected around the facts to do with the virus, or facts re: the political process, just thank that person if they are in the know. We can all use this as an opportunity to learn. But anything not fact based is an opinion and you are entitled to yours as is anyone. It will be interesting to read the views of those you’ve invited to share their thoughts here. Some are in the trenches and seeing things unfold differently I imagine.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts